yesterday on facebook ii was asked what products do ii recommend to keep my natural hair moisturized? well ii have a few favorites….
leave in conditioners–
- Cantu– $5, works well when your hair is really in need of a conditioning, great for deep conditioning with shower cap.
- ApHogee– $4-$6, this conditioner comes in the form of a spray, ii like to use this when my hair just needs a quick refresh. ii spritz my hair with it when it feels a little dry esp. when my hair is in mini-twist.
- Olive Oil Smooth & Hold Pudding– $6, ii like to use this moisturizer when ii do twist outs and braid outs, it gives great hold but doesn’t leave my hair with that hard crunchy feeling, not to mention it smells heavenly.
- Organic Hair Mayo– $7, ii just started using the hair mayo and ii love it, ii actually plan to do an entire product review on it, it is good for stylingbut also works well as a daily moisturizer.
- Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Hair Smoothie– $10,
- Shea Moisture Curl Milk– $10, ii know the prices for these shea moisture products look a little steep but they work magic, when ii first started styling my hair these were my staple products. they have an amazing smell and they also work very well with shea butter to give me that hold ii need when styling a braidout or twist out.
Raw Shea Butter- $7, ii listed shea butter under the oils because ii melt my shea butter down in the microwave using the oil form of the butter, ii will never stop using shea butter, it is the best sealant for me, it holds all the moisture in my hair, so my hair doesn’t dry out during the day.
- Coconut Oil- $4, penetrates the hair shaft (staple oil)
- Olive Oil- $4, leaves hair with an awesome shine
- Grapeseed oil- $4, ii use this oil as a heat protectant whenever heat is applied to me or Jordynn’s hair.